Workers’ Compensation Program
The Orthopaedic Institute’s physicians and staff realize the importance of prompt service and effective communication to efficiently serve injured workers. By providing a dedicated Work Comp Department available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, we strive to meet the needs of our Worker’ Compensation patients in a timely manner.
To better understand the entire process of our Work Comp Program, from scheduling a patient’s initial visit to discharge, click here.
Workers’ Compensation Program Services
- Treatment of all musculoskeletal injuries, including fracture care.
- Treatment of cuts (minor suturing as well as plastic surgery), abrasions, injection injuries and other workplace injuries.
- X-rays, casting, splinting, injections and aspirations.
- MRI testing.
- Ongoing treatment and follow-up of non-surgical patients.
- Referrals to general orthopaedic, hand, foot & ankle, spine and plastic surgery specialists at The Orthopaedic Institute.
- Outpatient surgery at the Orthopaedic Surgery Center scheduled and performed.
- We provide completed DWC 25 forms for each patient upon every visit and fax them back to the carrier within 24 hours.
- Referrals to physical therapy and hand therapy as appropriate.
- Referrals to other specialists as appropriate.
- Durable medical equipment dispensary program.
- MMI and PIR granted as soon as physician can ascertain patient’s status.
- Drug testing (post-injury) available in Alachua and Lake City (contact for details).
Simply call the Work Comp Department directly or download the Workers’ Compensation Authorization form here. Print the form, complete it and fax it to (352) 336-6046. The Workers’ Compensation Department will contact you within 2 hours of receipt.
Workers’ Compensation Department
For last names A-L: DeAnne Brooks
Phone (386) 518-6867
Fax (352) 336-6046
For last names M-Z: Chaysen Pons
Phone (386) 518-6866
Fax (352) 336-6046