Abdo Bachoura, M.D.
Areas of Clinical Interests
- Nerve Surgery
- Wrist, Hand and Elbow Arthroscopy
- Upper Extremity Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hand Surgery
Dr. Bachoura is a board-eligible orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery; wrist, hand and elbow arthroscopy; nerve surgery; and orthopaedic surgery. His most common procedures are wrist arthroscopy, carpal tunnel release, cubital tunnel release, nerve injury repair, trigger finger release, wrist fracture fixation, thumb arthritis surgery, tendon laceration repair and Dupuytren’s contracture surgery.
Dr. Bachoura became an orthopaedic surgeon because he finds helping patients maintain and improve their hand and upper extremity function rewarding.
Dr. Bachoura’s compassionate care sets him apart. He also has specialized training in hand surgery and enjoys working with patients and their families to develop individualized treatment plans.
Outside of orthopaedics, Dr. Bachoura enjoys spending time with his family, working out, playing soccer and traveling.
American University of Beirut
American University of Beirut
University of Kentucky
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Hamot, Erie, Pennsylvania
The Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Associations and Awards
American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
21st Annual Lawrence H. Schneider Lectureship Research Award
Dupuytren’s Foundation Clinical Research Grant
American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT) Best Scientific Paper Award
Eastern Orthopaedic Association’s Travel Grant
Hand Rehabilitation Foundation Clinical Research Grant
1. Bachoura A, Shin EK. Emerging Technologies in Distal Radius Fracture Fixation. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2019; 22:369-378.doi: 10.1007/s12178-019-09568-0.
2. Bachoura A, Yakish EJ, Lubahn JD. Survival and Long-Term Outcomes of Thumb Metacarpal Extension Osteotomy for Early Basal Joint Arthritis. J Hand Surg Am. 2018 Aug;43(8):772.e1-772.e7. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2018.01.005.
3. Bachoura A, Ferikes AJ, Lubahn JD. A Review of Mallet Finger and Jersey Finger Injuries in the Athlete. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2017:10(1): 1–9. doi: 10.1007/s12178-017-9395-6.
4. Lubahn JD, Bachoura A. Enchondroma of the Hand: Evaluation and Treatment. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2016;24: 625-633.
5. Landes G, Gaspar MP, Goljan P, Jacoby SM, Bachoura A, Culp RW. Arthroscopic Trapeziectomy with Suture Button Suspensionplasty: A retrospective Review of 153 cases. Hand (N Y). 2016;11(2):232-237.
6. Kamineni S, Bachoura A, Behrens W, Kamineni E, Deane A. Distal Insertional Footprint of the Brachialis Muscle: 3D Morphometric Study. Anat Res Int. 2015; 2015:786508. doi:10.1155/2015/786508.
7. Kamineni S, Bachoura A, Sasaki K, Reilly D, Harris KN, Sinai A, Deane A. Inner Synovial Membrane Footprint of the Anterior Elbow Capsule: An Arthroscopic Boundary. Anatomy Research International. 2015: 2015; 426974 PMID: 26380112
8. Bachoura A, Rice IS, Lubahn AR, Lubahn JD. The Surgical Management of Hand Enchondroma without Post-Curettage Void Augmentation: Authors' Experience and a Systematic Review. Hand (N Y). 2015:10;461-471.
9. Pruzansky JS, Goljan P, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Culp RW. Little Finger Carpometacarpal Arthroplasty Technique and Result in 3 Cases. J Hand Surg Am. 2014: 39(9): 1734-1738.
10. Rudnick B, Goljan P, Pruzansky J, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Rekant MS. Four-Corner Arthrodesis with a New Locking, Dorsal Circular Plate: Technique and Outcomes. Hand (N Y). 2014;9(3):315-21.
11. Limthongthang R, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Osterman AL. Distal Radius Volar Locking Plate Design and Associated Vulnerability of the Flexor Pollicis Longus. J Hand Surg. Am. 2014:39(5): 852–860.
12. Vranceanu AM, Bachoura A, Weening A, Vrahas M, Smith RM, Ring D. Psychological Factors Predict Disability and Pain Intensity After Skeletal Trauma. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2014:05; 96(3): e20 1-6.
13. Bachoura A, Sasaki K, Kamineni S. Analysis of Age Related Degenerative Changes of the Biceps Brachii Distal Footprint. Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances. 2013; 22(4): 304-309.
14. Limthongthang R, Bachoura A, Songcharoen P, Osterman AL. Adult Brachial Plexus Injury: Evaluation and Management. Orthopaedic Clinics of North America. 2013; 44(4):591-603.
15. Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Osterman AL. One Bone Forearm Procedure for Hajdu-Cheney Syndrome: a Case Report. Hand (N Y). 2013; 8(4): 479-482.
16. McMahon HA, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Zelouf D, Culp RW, Osterman AL. Examining the Efficacy and Maintenance of Contracture Correction After Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Treatment for Dupuytren's Disease. Hand (N Y). 2013; 8(3): 261-266.
17. Jacoby SM, Bachoura A, Chen NC, Shin EK, Katolik LI. One Stage Integra Coverage for Fingertip Injuries. Hand (N Y). 2013; 8(3): 291-295.
18. Bachoura A, Wroblewski A, Jacoby SM, Culp RW, Osterman AL. Hook of Hamate Fractures in Competitive Baseball Players. Hand (N Y). 2013; 8(3): 302-307.
19. Jacoby SM, Bachoura A, DiPrinzio E, Culp RW, Osterman AL. Complications Following One-Bone Forearm Surgery for Post-Traumatic Forearm and Distal Radio-Ulnar Joint Instability. J Hand Surg Am. 2013; 38(5):976-982.e1.
20. Skirven TM, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Culp RW, Osterman AL. The Effect of a Therapy Protocol for Increasing Correction of Severely Contracted Proximal Interphalangeal Joints Caused by Dupuytren Disease and Treated with Collagenase Injection. J Hand Surg Am. 2013; 38: 684-689.
21. Gelman S, Schlenker R, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Lipman J, Shin EK, Culp RW. Minimally Invasive Partial Fasciectomy for Dupuytren's Contractures. Hand (N Y). 2012;7(4):364-369.
22. Shin EK, Bachoura A, Jacoby SM, Chen NC, Osterman AL. Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by Members of the American Association for Hand Surgery. Hand (N Y). 2012;7(4):351-356.
23. Bachoura A, Jacoby SM. Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome. Orthopaedic Clinics of North America. 2012; 43:467-474.
24. Culp RW, Bachoura A, Gelman SE, Jacoby SM. Proximal Row Carpectomy combined with Wrist Hemiarthroplasty. Journal of Wrist Surgery. 2012;1: 39-46.
25. Bachoura A, Deane AS, Wise JN, Kamineni S. Clavicle Morphometry Revisited: A Three-Dimensional Study with Relevance to Operative Fixation. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2013: 22(1):e15-21.
26. Bachoura A, Shin EK. Latest Techniques in the Management of Thumb Fractures. Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2012; 23:305-312.
27. Bachoura A, Deane A, Kamineni S. Clavicle Anatomy and the Applicability of Intramedullary Midshaft Fracture Fixation. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2012; 21:1384-1390.
28. Bachoura A, Yoshida R, Lattermann C, Kamineni S. Late Removal of Titanium Hardware from the Elbow is Problematic. International Scholarly Research Network (ISRN) Orthopedics. 6; 2012: 256239. PMID: 24977074
29. Bachoura A, Guitton T, Vrahas M, Smith M, Zurakowski D, Ring D. Infirmity and Injury Complexity are Risk Factors for Surgical-site Infection after Operative Fracture Care. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011;469:2621-2630.
Recent Patient Comments
Comments are collected in our Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Patients are pre de-identified to protect confidentiality and patient privacy.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter for Tips on Healthy Living.